Employment at CCCB Athletics
Women's Basketball Head Coach
Central Christian College of the Bible, a private, four-year, Christian college, is accepting applications for the position of Women's Basketball Head Coach. Central Christian College of the Bible is a member of the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) and the Midwest Christian College Conference.
Classification: Part-time (stipend)
General Description: This position is responsible for organizing and directing all aspects of an NCCAA Division II women’s basketball program while upholding the values and mission of the Midwest Christian College Conference and Central Christian College of the Bible. Responsibilities of the position include: recruiting, scouting of opponents, video analysis, game and practice preparation, player development, on-the-court coaching, travel planning, and budget management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exhibit and articulate evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Exhibit and articulate evidence of current, practical knowledge of the sport.
- Be knowledgeable of, support and uphold the philosophy of both Central Christian College of the Bible and the CCCB Athletic Department.
- Be professional at all times. This applies to conduct, appearance, and fulfillment of job responsibilities. Be an example in word and action.
- Continually strive for personal growth physically, spiritually, mentally, and socially.
- Supervision of assistant coaches and support personnel (managers/statisticians).
- Develop a recruiting strategy and consistently recruit potential student-athletes who understand the mission of CCCB and desire to play sport within these boundaries (to be assisted by Athletic Director)
- Be responsible for knowing and following appropriate policies and guidelines for NCCAA and CCCB Athletic Department in all areas, including:
- Assuming coaching responsibilities at each contest
- Scheduling and regulation of all team practices and tryouts
- Selection of team members and support personnel (team managers and statisticians)
- Assist Athletic Director in evaluation of student-athletes’ academic progress
- Monitoring of student-athletes’ injuries and rehabilitation
- Maintenance and security of team equipment, supplies, uniforms, and facilities
- General administrative duties related to the team functioning, including:
- Travel itinerary preparation
- Year-end reports to the Athletic Director
- Injury and statistical reports
- Any necessary forms for student-athletes (eligibility, letter awards, etc.)
- Class excuses for team travel
- Study hall program for student-athletes
- Team meal implementation
- Continued contact with prospective student-athletes
- Assistance with media relations for the team
- Other duties as assigned
- Preference will be given to those who are members of the Christian Church.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred
- College level playing and/or coaching experience preferred
Application Information: Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants must send a cover letter, résumé, and list of three references to Jack Defreitas, Director of Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org.